Biggest Obstacle to Growing as a Leader: YOU!
When it comes to blind spots, we all have 20-20 vision—for someone else’s. You, like everyone else, may deny their existence, especially to yourself. And you’ll defend yourself against attempts to point them out. Overcoming “default blind-spot resistance” requires an act of will, increased awareness and a lot of courage.
Because blind spots are unconscious, you see the collateral damage they cause, but may not know you caused it. You may blame others for the damage to protect against loss of status that would proceed from admission that you caused it; as a result, subordinates avoid telling you the truth knowing that to do so risks a negative reaction from you. Afraid of inviting conflict and a career-limiting move, most prefer to keep quiet.
On the slim chance someone does speak up, you will most likely disagree, because you cannot see and honestly don’t know what they are talking about. Neither subordinates or your superiors in the hierarchy are likely to point out your blind spots to you, even if they suffer (emotionally, financially, personally) from the collateral damage you have caused.
The collateral damage from your blind spots, including your subordinates’ fear of becoming a dead messenger, may spread to the business itself. If so, your efforts may work directly against your own best interests and against the interests of the enterprise that employs you.
Hi, I’m Simon D’Arcy…
I am the founder of Next Level Culture, a management consulting and executive coaching firm. My team and I have personally provided consulting, coaching and/or guidance to more than 15,000 people, 400 leadership teams on six continents at over 100 of the best-known companies in the world including:
Schedule An Exploratory Next Level
Leadership Coaching Session
We are giving away 10 coaching sessions to qualified applicants. You will receive a 60-minute coaching session, a $600 value, PLUS a personalized summary called, “Next Level Leadership Blueprint,” a custom leadership learning agenda you will create during the session, a $497 value.
What you will receive:
- A leadership learning agenda that identifies personal outcomes, breakthroughs, challenges and the key skills you will need to strengthen to go to the next level.
- More clarity on the blind spots that keep you stuck.
- A set of customized ‘inner-game’ daily practices that will immediately impact your effectiveness.
Eligibility criteria for Next Level
Leadership Coaching Blueprint Session
All three of the following must be true for you:
- You currently manage a team of other leaders.
- Your company has more than 300 people in it
- You are exploring working with an executive coach.
Lot’s to gain, nothing to risk.
If you are not 100% enthusiastic at the end of your free session, then by all means, find another coach. There is no cost, no obligation, and no strings attached to this offer. You are free to go. If, on the other hand, you decide you want to move forward, we’ll create a new 6 month coaching agreement and you can begin the process of transforming yourself and your leadership.
Only 10 free sessions…
With this offer, I’m giving away what is most valuable thing in this world to me: my time. For this reason, I can only offer a limited number of these “free seats”. In fact, I’m only offering 10 of these free seats this year. When they’re gone, there won’t be another opportunity until 2016. No guarantees about next year though because I might not ever make this offer again. I haven’t decided that yet.
Ready to go to the next level in your leadership?
If you’re interested in grabbing one of the remaining 10 seats, just fill out the form below. Best to do it now before all seats are taken. As soon as the seats are taken, this offer will come down and the doors will close.
Warning! Bad Coaches
If you’re not sure, and don’t take this offer, that is of course your prerogative. But in fairness to you, I should warn you of a couple of risks you run if you go to other coaches. Most coaches cannot help you get Next Level Leadership.
This is for several reasons, including:
- They don't understand what blind spots are or how to find them, communicate them or correct them;
- They haven’t distinguished their own blind spots, so these become limitations in what they are able to teach you about yourself, reducing their value to you as a coach;
- They stay on the surface, avoid depth and don’t challenge you;
- Their coaching is one-dimensional, while Next Level Leadership Coaching is a multi-dimensional approach;
- They focus too much on content not enough on context;
- They suffer from simplistic either-or thinking and expect you to do the same;
- They are unwilling or unable to hold you accountable;
- Most coaches won’t tell you what they think because they’re afraid of being fired;
Contact: (805) 284-9122